Sunday, February 13, 2011

Conquering Walgreens

What a week we've had! If the 4 snow days were not enough, we were blessed with 1 more this past Wednesday. My very sweet husband got out the leaf blower and made a walkable path in the backyard, but it wasn't for us... it was for Bella! Diva Bella hates the snow and my hubby had to make a place for her to - ahem - do her business.


Unfortunately, I spent a good deal of time in bed due to a severe cold and throat infection. Needless to say, my husband has spent a great deal of time taking care of our whole family taking over the cooking and grocery shopping.

One of my goals for the new year is to get our grocery and drug store expenses under control. After four weeks of trial and error, I think I finally made some serious headway.



These items cost a total of $100, but with weekly deals, Walgreens rapid rewards, and coupon stacking I bought all of these items for $45. The Excedrin, Secret Deoderants, Olay Moisturizer, and newspaper were straight up free.

We've also reduced our $200 per week ($800 per month) grocery bill to $100 per week. This still isn't exactly where I would like it, but we are very close.

1 comment: